Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:55 am 

I can't wait to see you get that pristine machine all dirty! lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:00 pm 

I am sure to get dirty if past ECJs are any indication....

Now for you, I hope you bring the 'tear-offs', you're gonna need them with your new ride.....

Pilotman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:04 am 

Dirt? There's dirt at the ECJ? I saw lots of water....lol....so did Stoneman. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:27 pm 
16th - 18th sounds good to me
Now, tell me exactly where it is going to be so I can find it on the map.

Nest question:
Any objections to bringing the kids and their Odys?

Post subject: The ECJ Scoop!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:22 am 

It looks like April 16th-18th will be the dates, I will probably be there the 15th as well to set up some loops. Maybe the week before for some trail clearing.

I will do the grill again so the main course for Saturday Night (and Fiday too) should be covered. Bring marshmellows, water, a chair and what ever else you might need,closest town is pretty far away(1/2 hr.) however there is a small store and gas 10mins out. Weather can be extreme to say the least expect anything from 80* and sunny to Snow.

I hope to do the big loop on Saturday starting fairly early(10am) making it a little bigger than last year's 28 miles, if so we will make provisions for fuel stop on trail. I run a stock tank on my pilot so I will run out same time as anybody else.

We can do an endurance run on Sunday morning for anyone whose ride still runs. It would be 3-4 hrs. one man,one machine, run what you brung,if there is interest (there wasn't much interest at last ECJ)

I have no problems with kids but you are responsible for yourself and your children and their actions. Just being around moving ATVs is dangerous, riding them is even worse. To think you will never have an accident is not realistic, all riders must wear helmets.
There are not many rules beside common sence stuff (does not apply to Rick). No speeding in camp, don't ride loops backwards, always keep in mind that other riders are out there and they will be coming from any and all directions. Be Cool!

Email me for location/direction. I will do the same deal as before where a general area will be given until a week or so before the event when those who request will be emailed directions. The riding area in near McHenrey, Maryland not far from Wisp Ski Resort.

Now for the whine fest:

Directions are not to be posted on the internet. This ride is an invitation only (per your request). This is a special place to me and I don't want to screw it up by others people not following the deal. Anyone who comes to the ECJ is there because of MY vouching for them ( as far as the caretaker is concerned) and therefore I have a personal stake in this.

This is a trail ride at a hunting club which you will pay a membership fee to join. $60. last year. This will cover the member and his or her immediate family for this ride and any other we have for the year. The deal I have with caretaker is only for the times we have rides there (about 4 times a year between April thru Oct) at no other times are you to visit the site without my prior permission. This is a hunting club that allows my friends to ride at. You are responsible for your own actions. This is a dangerous recreation,you would be a fool not to have insurance, none is offered nor implied, ride with your head, stupid hurts, hospital is far away. Blah, blah blah.

Good times, good people, friends trusting old friends and new friends NOT to be assholes.

LONG LIVE POOA, FREEDOM IN IT'S PUREST FORM!
DON'T MAKE PROFIT YOUR HOBBY!

"He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money." Benjamin Franklin

Email me at HareScrambles@aol.com for directions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:26 am 

Mrs. Ramjet and Little Ramjet on his Scrambler will be tagging along with me. At least I hope so at this writting. She's in a bad mood right now and may divorce me and run to Hawaii with a doctor named Bob.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:08 pm 
Ramjet wrote:
Mrs. Ramjet and Little Ramjet on his Scrambler will be tagging along with me. At least I hope so at this writting. She's in a bad mood right now and may divorce me and run to Hawaii with a doctor named Bob.

LMAO...get her to call mine, maybe they can rate share )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:52 am 
Split the camera posts out to their own thread....

Post subject: ECJ Update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:33 pm 

It has come to my attention that some dis-information is on the "other" board in regaurds to the ECJ.

ECJ is and was invite only... PER YOUR REQUEST!!! Meaning you have to ask to be invited. Many have already done so, several newbies as well.

I couldn't possibly know or notify all that may want to come (new or old) therefore those interested in attending need to email me. Those in chat already know the score.

My email is HareScrambles@comcast.net or HareScrambles@aol.com

It will be as great of a time if not better this year with many options, a real big loop, several small loops, the dangerous MX track, a pilot endurance run, Rick and his powers of fire, drinking, eating and of course the vomitorium (feathers not provided). And if it gets warm enough there is always the thrill of tubeing down the river, lifejackets recommended.

April 16th-18th will be the dates, I will probably be there the 15th as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:17 pm 

Ok I updated the riding trips page http://pilotodyssey.com/trips2004.htm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:18 pm 

Has anyone explored the posibility/feasibility of hosting a North East Coast Jambo (NECJ) in the upstate upstate New York, Massachusettes, Vermont, New Hampshire, etc area? I'm sure that there are plenty of potential sites that are ATV friendly. Would anyone in that region (MassOdy??) be willing to do some scouting?

This would be a great opportunity to meet some of our brothers from the great white north...

What do you think?

PNut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:35 pm 

I've been pondering this idea too.

NY, NH, or Maine is probably the friendliest to us.

Mass. has few parks and requires registration. I doubt they accept out of state
registrations. They do no take NH I know. MA requires registration for private property even incase its not your own property.

VT. as I'm told is much like Ma. But, my sister says she sees atvs all the time up near her in Burlington. Way up there! I've been up camping and have asked rangers about it and it was a flat out no on public land.

NH has a lot of trails that are snow mobile trails. I've run across an odyssey once or twice even.
The require a registration but its easy to get at the bike shops. MA. is a bitch!

I like the looks of that Park in NY near Albany was it? I'll need to go look for it.

A friend here at work lives in South West NH I'll get him to look around his way. And for camping / lodging. That would be easier for you all coming up from the south. (Is it rt 91? I'll find out)

I'll start to scout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:04 pm 

Great. Be sure to check out www.atvny.com. The park north of Albany is called Eagle Bridge I think??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:18 pm 

Update on sites in the Northeast

http://www.nhtrails.org/Trailspages/ATV ... vhome.html

http://www.atvillustrated.com/trails/northeast.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:37 pm 

Way cool, those links sound killer. Need to see exactly what Mass "calls" an ATV pilots and odys might not fit the description.

PA is like that (wasn't but is now) they have class 1 and class 2 ATVs now we fall into Class 2 ATVs, there are like 18-20 legal DNR spots to ride ATVs in PA but only 2 are open to Class 2 ATVs.

Michaux State forest is a killer place albeit very rocky but its no go there since the rule change,

PA is screwed up, they allow ATV or (low tire pressure vehicles) but not dirt bikes under the thinking that vehicles with higher air pressure, smaller contact patch tires(motorcycles) do more damage than ATV tires. Proof that they have NOT a CLUE what they are talking about. Guess they never seen what a pack of 4 wheelers can do.

We still get to ride Michaux on bikes, they allow special events (and setting up for special events wink wink) 2 times a year, which provides for enough rides there to mix it up

Lets find some more cool spots to meet at I am willing to drive most anywhere!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:11 pm 

I'll call our environmental police. They own the legalities for ATV and registration.

I need to ask about this and if they allow out of state registrations. I know they do not allow
NH registrations since the two states are always fighting around this stuff.

The major issue here is our access gates are lolly columns and they are set to close together
for a Ody or Pilot to get thru. that's where I got in big trouble 10+ yrs ago. They not only frown upon driving around. They prosecute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:02 pm 

Do we have a preliminary head count of how many are attending the ECJ yet? I saw a comment of 15 so far but wasn't sure if that was warm bodies or machines.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:00 pm 

Here's a list of how it's shaping up. I'm sure I'll forget many so chime in if you're not on the list.

1. Harescrambles (host)

2. PilotMan (host)

3. PilotNut

4. Hoser

5. Boots (newbie - PilotNuts brother on his Suzuki Z400 quad)

6. Skins (another newbie on a KTM)

7. Lowrider

8. Stoneman & friends

9. Brooks

10. Mark (aka King KX - although I think he needs a new nickname)

11. MassOdy

12. Mudbogger

13. Tripp???

14. Trooper Rick and all the "locals"

15. Hauss & Co.??

16. Lightspeed

17. VFRPilot

18. OdyKnuck??

19. Moregoodlier & buddies (as per note below)

And of course you RamJet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:10 pm 

I am planning on attending...with 2 buddies.

Post subject: ECJ or Bust
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:05 am 

Ill be there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: LOL!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:02 pm 

Steve. You really wrote in the subject line "ECJ or BUST"? :shock:

I found that really funny, all things considered. :-)

Nice turn out so far. I'm amped.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: HMMMMMMM!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:25 am 

That is kinda funny considering I was not thinking about past events and just coining a phrase lol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:20 pm 

Steve, see if FL-440Nut has any interest in tagging along with you to break up the trip or do you have a crew coming with you.?

Dave needs to do more than race his machine at Spring Valley. :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:43 pm 

He has expressed an interest in going.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:18 pm 

Here are the Team Stoneman Pictures

The fire picture is REAL! :shock:

Attachments:
Feasting.jpg
Feasting.jpg [ 938.79 KiB | Viewed 2010 times ]