Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 350 Bumper (Tested!)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:17 pm 

Here is a good picture of the bumper Odysseysalvage.com sells for the 350, Ross
tested his against a few trees this weekend and it tested out well, you can tell alot
of thought went into the design of this bumper, the bumper took the hit and the
frame including mounting tabs were not damaged, once we get Ross here maybe
he can post detailed pictures of the post crash testing...

You want a REAL bumper for your 350 that is tested and WORKS this is what you
need not some other look a like POS..

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16721

Randy@OdysseySalvage.com

:-)

Attachments:
Front_Bumper_DT3.jpg
Front_Bumper_DT3.jpg [ 40.35 KiB | Viewed 1647 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:29 pm 

Here it is another picture of that bumper (not that close) but you can see part of the test, little hit on it :-)

Ross Wife, Ross the owner(inside the Engine) MassOdy(white tshirt) Hare on the right and Hoser

Odykid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:42 pm 

The bends in that bumper are from a 2-3 mile an hour bump into the back of my Pilot. I was suprised how much damage was done to the bumper, my pilot rear bumper was not even scratched, just a little red paint from Ross's bumper. I don't think any of the main tubes or the mounting points were effected, but it still seemed like a lot of damage for such a slow speed bump into a movable object.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:08 am 

I thought most of the damage came from the 2 trees he hit within 30 seconds, video to come later hehe I caught part of it with the Pilot -Cam (you missed some good riding)

What kind of paint you use on your rear bumper that will bend tubing and not scratch?
Must be some tuff paint?

The tube you see bent in the picture on my front bumper is made from .040 tubing, the same
thickness as that same tube on the ATVR bumper I measured, I ASSumed ATVR made the top
loop thinner on purpose so it would start to absorb some of the impact energy (bend) in a straight on collision since that tube over hangs the other part of the bumper? Perhaps that is the thought or theory used when building bumper Ross used on his 350? 800+ lbs going 3 MPH and that is all the
damage that was done to his bumper I would say it done its job very well and would be pleased
I have seen other bumpers that would have folded up (by design) and busted his tub in a 3 mph
impact fact is I see a guy push another bumper (piss poor design) almost against the tub on a Pilot
by hitting it with his hands...

For those of you wondering I stood on that bumper with my full body weight (fat ass and all )
and jumped up and down as hard as I could bottoming out the front shocks trying to bend the mounting brackets on this bumper nutten bent or folded up like other want to be bumpers do...
I urge you to give all 350 and Pilot bumpers nerfs the bounce test for yourself .

Attachments:
MVC-475F.JPG
MVC-475F.JPG [ 85.76 KiB | Viewed 1607 times ]
MVC-476F.JPG
MVC-476F.JPG [ 112.6 KiB | Viewed 1607 times ]
MVC-477F.JPG
MVC-477F.JPG [ 104.16 KiB | Viewed 1607 times ]
MVC-479F.JPG
MVC-479F.JPG [ 108.71 KiB | Viewed 1607 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:03 am 

my bumper is not painted, its bare aluminum. I'll post a picture of it later.

Maybe the damage shown is from more then one hit, I missed the tree on bumper hits. Saturday is when he bumped my pilot. I am by no means saying Ross's bumper didnt do its job, I think a bumper is supposed to absorb the hit and protect the frame, plastic etc. I was just suprised the very slow speed hit did anything to his bumper.

I do agree this is a great looking bumper and seemed very well made and should be given real consideration when a rider is choosing a bumper for his ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:40 am 

DC wrote:
my bumper is not painted, its bare aluminum. I'll post a picture of it later.

Maybe the damage shown is from more then one hit, I missed the tree on bumper hits. Saturday is when he bumped my pilot. I am by no means saying Ross's bumper didnt do its job, I think a bumper is supposed to absorb the hit and protect the frame, plastic etc. I was just suprised the very slow speed hit did anything to his bumper.

I do agree this is a great looking bumper and seemed very well made and should be given real consideration when a rider is choosing a bumper for his ride

You missed some good riding on Sunday, Ross came around a corner and didnt quite make it
(think his tires played a big part in the turning) and he hit a big tree with the front tire, hard enough
to fold the inside in where the tire would not roll, he backed up and hit the gas WOT (Wide Open Throttle) (not knowing
the tire would not roll at this time) to play catch up with the rest of the group that was running
WOT (Wide Open Throttle) and bam right into another tree (now he knows the tire wont turn hehe) hard enough to shake leaves off hehe, DOH! So it was the tow truck (banshee power) all the way back to camp and he was going to leave for home in a hour or so, so his riding day was done, wish I took pictures of the after math so you could see if it was the same damage or additional damage from the trees, either way after all the testing he did to it he is lucky he was smart enough to buy the bumper in the first place because it did its job well and he is getting his moneys worth out of it heh.

Come to think about it I need to install my rear bumper again on my Pilot before I back into
something.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:24 am 
HI guy ,here are picture of my bumper.And to make it a like more clear ,the ding
that see on the bumper was caused by me running into doug pilot at about 5mph.
I hit the tree because of my stock shocks coming into a turn very fast and hit a bump
with sent my rear end bosing in the air and could not get rear end around. If i wounld
have hit the tree with the bumper, I think it would have gone buy buy.!! By the way
bumper looks good and did its job. great ride.

p.s. i`am looking for shock

Attachments:
bumper 1.JPG
bumper 1.JPG [ 595.36 KiB | Viewed 1547 times ]
bumper 2.JPG
bumper 2.JPG [ 563.64 KiB | Viewed 1547 times ]
bumper 3.JPG
bumper 3.JPG [ 569.2 KiB | Viewed 1547 times ]
bumper 4.JPG
bumper 4.JPG [ 512.8 KiB | Viewed 1547 times ]

Post subject: FIX that wheel
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:51 am 

All you need a a REAL BFH and some patience lol, and audience would be appropriate too.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FIX that wheel
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:08 am 

PilotHawK wrote:
All you need a a REAL BFH and some patience lol, and audience would be appropriate too.

Yup and that top hoop on the bumper can be replaced easily enough if you didnt want to look at it
dented and bent up but it is a bumper on a off road car it is supose to look used heh

"Scars are cool"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:28 pm 

That is one ugly wheel! Looks like nothing would have stood up to that abuse. Just for curiosity's sake, was that ITP, Douglas, or ??? What thickness?