Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:13 pm 

Well I am almost complete on my project. Wating for some works shocks from randy's than I should be ready to ride. First trip Glamis on Halloween
Heres some pix

Attachments:
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG [ 52.51 KiB | Viewed 2938 times ]
MVC-004S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG [ 54.86 KiB | Viewed 2938 times ]
MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-005S.JPG [ 51.91 KiB | Viewed 2938 times ]
MVC-007S.JPG
MVC-007S.JPG [ 34.68 KiB | Viewed 2938 times ]
MVC-010S.JPG
MVC-010S.JPG [ 43.49 KiB | Viewed 2938 times ]
MVC-006S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG [ 49.05 KiB | Viewed 2938 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:37 pm 

Looks good, what is the temperature/pressure rating on the hose your using?

You have plans for a pre-filter setup in the future?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:49 pm 

Hey I see a clear hose on touching the pipe, hope you see that before you fire it up...

BTW:Nice Job

Odykid :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:53 pm 

I am not sure, it a concern of mine. I have ran them on my rm250 for about 3 years and have not had a problem. But it is something I am going keep my eye on if I feel that they wont hold I am going to switch them out.
As far as the pre filter I am still thinking of a idea maybe some foam over the intake holes? any Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:55 pm 

Ya that's for the dail a jet it fell there while I mounted my fan I havent decided were to mount it yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:53 pm 

OK cool at least you saw it

Odykid :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:17 am 

Looking very sweet. Good Job.

Is that a 1" diameter water pump?

I'm looking for one if anyone has or knows of one.
Or just the year and numbers off of the VW pump.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:38 am 

looking good so far :-) i noticed the tube for your dial a jet hanging on the pipe too,don't need any melted down parts on the first time out .where did you get the breather box from or did you make it ?A prefilter of some sort will be a big help and will help to keep the uni from getting dirty also,a little less cleaning at least for the main filter. I couldnt see the front of the breather box but i imagine you have holes drilled into it ,with wire mesh ? some foam and a nylon would definetly help for a pre filter but i think it would be a pain to clean when it comes time.I did the same mod to mine but then switched to this method.Then to the second pic,much better and much easier to clean.

Attachments:
copy of oddy1.jpg
copy of oddy1.jpg [ 48.35 KiB | Viewed 2894 times ]
copy of p4090003.jpg
copy of p4090003.jpg [ 63.19 KiB | Viewed 2894 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:41 am 

oops pics went in opposite ,i allways forget about that :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Say no to clear hose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:45 pm 

Don't run that clear hose. I have seen people run it and every time it ends up bursting after they run it a little while. One guy I know has scars on his back after getting doused down with hot anti freeze. He said it is real hard to get the car stopped and climb out of the seat belt harness when you got 200 degree coolant pouring down your back. He bailed out of the car while it was still rolling. Fire up the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and heat cycle it and feel how soft it gets when the Engine comes up to operating temp. My advice is to get rid of it. That clear hose is crap, don't use it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Say no to clear hose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:54 pm 

Bill.. wrote:
Don't run that clear hose. I have seen people run it and every time it ends up bursting after they run it a little while. One guy I know has scars on his back after getting doused down with hot anti freeze. He said it is real hard to get the car stopped and climb out of the seat belt harness when you got 200 degree coolant pouring down your back. He bailed out of the car while it was still rolling. Fire up the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) and heat cycle it and feel how soft it gets when the Engine comes up to operating temp. My advice is to get rid of it. That clear hose is crap, don't use it.

I have put about a million miles on that black automotive heater hose and never seen any of
it fail so heater hose gets my vote, I also noticed the normal heater hose is almost 2x? thicker
that the Honda Pilot radiator hose...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:18 pm 

i, too, will say do not usethat hose. have seen it used in watercraft cooling applications,and it fails. as stated, it gets soft and will fail. have seen it several times. and this is in an open system where you are always drawing in fresh, cool water.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:22 am 

Thanks for the advice, hose will be swiched out tomarrow. Better safe then sorry. Its to bad because it looks pretty cool. o well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:50 am 

Yeah, I have to admit the clear hose it looks really cool. I've seen guys put food dye in the anti freeze to make it different colors and that was always a conversation piece. I wish they made some clear hose that was safe to use. Real easy to tell when the coolant is low or needs changing. After seeing Rick get burned like he did I know for sure that clear hose they sell at lowes, home depot, or ace hardware is just not suited for cooling system use.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:16 pm 

Stugots,
Nice build up! I am just now starting mine. I unfortunately blew a hole in the piston my first trip to Glamis a couple weeks ago. I would like to talk to you about this if I could.

Chris

castone001@earthlink.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:32 pm 

Sure lets talk, your probably better off to start a new thread rather than attach to this one?

Can you post pics of your failed parts?

Tell us about your Engine, stock? mods?

Hole usually means detonation..... Good reading about detonation found here http://www.pilotodyssey.com/tech.htm

Profile E-mail