Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parts books and codes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:23 pm 

We seem to have several new members sign up recently so I will post some important info for them.
I thought there was a thread about this but I guess not. I can't find it in the search box so I will make a new post. Below are the parts books for oddy, pilot, and 250. Also below is how to read the Honda parts code, paint codes and serial numbers.

The paint codes are:
Pilot frame R-110 Monza Red
Oddy frame R-109 Passion Red
Oddy wheels YR-109-U Glamis Gold
Rear swing arm: YR-111-MU GLAMIS GOLD METALLIC

Here is a comment by Methodical in another thread: The paint is for a 2004 to 2011 GM, it's called Super Red. Any automotive paint supply store should be able to mix it in what ever brand they carry. I am extremely happy with the match of the color versus the original R-109 Passion Red. I did much searching and researching and even had our commercial paint supplier use their "laser" (said like doctor evil) color analyzer on a semi unmolested sample of color from my oddy, in order to attempt to match the factory color.
I use Rustoleum oil based "Fire Red" -- CO

The serial numbers are:
FL250 A (77) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# FL250-1000001 TO FL250-1011921
FL250 A (78) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# FL250-1100001 TO FL250-1112345
FL250 A (79) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# FL250-2000001 TO FL250-2012620
FL250 A (80) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# TB04-2000001 TO TB04-2006315
FL250 A (81) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TB040-BC400001 TO JH3TB040-BC406324
FL250 A (82) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TB040-CC500001 TO JH3TB040-CC514700
FL250 A (83) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TB040-DC600001 TO JH3TB040-DC617555
FL250 A (84) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TB040-EC700051 TO JH3TB040-EC703225
FL350R A (85) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TE020-FC100015
FL400R A (89) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TE160-KK000044 TO JH3TE160-KK004102
FL400R A (90) FL MODELS, JPN, VIN# JH3TE160-LK100001

11921 1977 fl 250s produced
12345 1978 fl250s
12620 1979 fl250s
6315 1980 fl250s
6324 1981 fl250s
14700 1982 fl250s
17555 1983 fl250s
3175 1984 fl250s
no ending vin for 1985 fl350s
4059 1989 fl400s
no ending vin for 1990 fl400s

EDIT 1:
You can get a free pdf Pilot manual here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B851Fd ... kU1QQ/view
You can get a free pdf FL350 or FL250 manual here: https://oddatv.com/fl250-fl350-factory-manuals/

EDIT 2:
Researching what your vin number means: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9336&hilit=How+many+fl350%27s+were+produced

Attachments:
File comment: FL250 parts book
fl250 parts book.pdf [2.59 MiB]
Downloaded 114 times
File comment: FL350 parts book
fl350 parts book.pdf [2.35 MiB]
Downloaded 108 times
File comment: FL400 parts book
fl400 parts book.pdf [2.6 MiB]
Downloaded 319 times
File comment: How to read the Honda parts code
Honda part codes.pdf [136.28 KiB]
Downloaded 79 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:10 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to post that CO. As a fairly new forum member it’s very helpful.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:06 am 

CO!!! You da man!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:56 am 

I think I am going to put my list of things to check in this same thread.
That way we got all this crap together.

Here is my list of things to check on an oddy when you are doing an Engine job or bought one.

1) Fuel - your fuel pump must put out about 4.5 oz/ten seconds approx AND your fuel must meet minimum octane rating in manual. I run straight avgas or you can mix it 50/50 with pump fuel.
2) Do the vent modification - use the search box above.
3) Check your stock intake manifold - they're 30yrs old and crack just looking at them.
4) Check your reeds, they must seal or you could get low compression reading on your gauge. Make sure your gauge is accurate.
5) Engine must pass pressure AND vacuum test - if it doesn't don't even start it, find the leak. I use 10psi max pressure and 10in vacuum in my tests and it must hold for half hour minimum.
6) Rebuild the starter, it is a big job after the Engine is in the machine.
7) Gas tank - if it's rusty inside get it cleaned and coated at a rad shop. If you look inside with a flashlight and it looks like the pickup tubes are rusted I would tap the tank drain plug and draw fuel from there. My machines are like that now.
8) Original fuel pump and vacuum lines are junk now after 30yrs so replace them.
9) Remove the drive shafts and make sure the u joints are good and grease the splines.
10) Check the wheel bearings.
11) Over fill the transmission -- put two quarts of oil in it. It's a splash lube system and the driven shaft bearing don't get any lube unless you are driving so don't rev it in the driveway all day long
12) Adjust your brakes - I set them (F & R) so I can feel a bit of drag.
13) If doing an Engine rebuild do NOT use the paper base gasket as it blows out. Must use the metal one.
14) Must build shock savers. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15745&hilit=shock+saver+chain
15) Replace the rear springs with 155lbs units. Stock ones are way to stiff.
16) Some good info here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15392&hilit=danifold
And here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17468
17) Jack the front of the machine up and grab the front tire top and bottom with your hands. Pull the top toward you. If there is a lot of play then that means your J arm bushings are shot.
18) While it is still jacked up grab the steering wheel and move it side to side gently. If the steering wheel turns a bit before your wheels do then it probably still has the original rod ends and they are shot. Look under the machine and if you see the rubber boots around those rod ends at the end of the steering column then most likely they are originals --- they're toast, and they are pricey.
19) DO NOT rev the pizz out your machine while it’s just sitting there. The transmission is a splash lube system so this means it gets NO LUBE unless you are moving. There are several threads on blown AB bearings in the transmission. If you blow your AB you’re done, no parts available anymore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:21 am 

This is how you use the search feature on this site:

Searching for info:
The best way to find something here is to use the search box above.
In the search box type ONE word ONLY and hit enter. If you don't you will get to many hits.
When the list of threads comes up there will be another search box there on the right.
In that box type ONE word ONLY. Keep doing this as many times as you want until you have narrowed it down. Some common words will be ignored like "Engine" "Honda" etc.
Also at the very bottom of any thread you read will be an area where there a similar threads to the one you are reading. You can click on them to read.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:32 am 

CO you got my vote.

Attachments:
20CA30CC-85AE-4D51-9B5D-A20B99E7B94A.jpeg
20CA30CC-85AE-4D51-9B5D-A20B99E7B94A.jpeg [ 61.91 KiB | Viewed 1145 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:36 am 

I have to add this here and it was recently posted by Zeroclient.
It is probably the best explanation I have ever read. I'm not an electrician but even I can figure this out.

Testing the coil, stator and pickup coil:
Zeroclient: There are 3 coils on that stator. Only 2 of them are meant for starting and running the Engine. The 3rd is there for lights and charging a battery if you have E-Start.

Pre-step - REMOVE YOUR SPARK PLUG to make these tests much easier

1. The trigger coil is common to fail. Lets check it.
a. Get your Digital Volt Meter out and set it to OHMs.
b. Put the leads of the DVM across the (G)reen and (BL/Y) (Blue/Yellow strip) and take a reading. It should measure between 100~400 Ohms.
c. Next, set your DVM to AC voltage keeping the leads on the same wires as b.
d. Either yank the pull start or turn the Engine over by the starter.
e. You should see the DVM 'blip' up to about 0.4 volts AC.
Final - If it doesn't move, IE stays at ZERO volts, ZERO ohms, or open, then your small trigger coil is bad.

2. The charge coil is used to run and charge the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) (Capacitor Discharge Ignition). Its responsible for creating the voltage in order for the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) to send a signal to the coil which then creates spark across the spark plug.
a. With your DVM, place the BLACK lead securely to ground. Anywhere on the Engine would be best - Metal surface.
b. Attach the RED lead of your DVM to (B/R) which is Black with a Red Stripe.
c. Set the DVM to AC voltage
d. Either yank the pull start or crank the starter
e. You should see the DVM blip anywhere from maybe 5 to 50 Volts. Thought it may be tough to see this on the DVM, just remember it must blip to something much higher than 0 volts to test good.

Note: If you have a DVM with a peak-hold function then you'll get more accurate peak hold AV voltage readings from the above.

Finally. Lets test your ignition coil near the spark plug. Resistance using OHM settings on your DVM - the coil should measure about 5k-10k going from spade terminal to high voltage lead at the plug. Any more and there is a problem. The coil should also measure close to 0 ohms from one terminal to the other terminal. If it measures open then it might be bad.

EDIT by me: If any of you suspect your CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) is shot then I suggest you just put it out of your mind. These things don't blow. You better check everything else before you screw around with this item.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:46 am 

Odds and ends:

1) On the FL400 if your Engine don't rev past 6500 rpm or some ridiculous low rpm number then it is possible your stator is shot. That's what happened to Zeroclient. He was pulling his hair out trying to find the problem and lucky for us he posted it here. Check your stator if you have this issue.

2) On the FL400 if your steering wheel lights are blinking like disco lights then your fuse is blown.

3) On the FL350 and the FL400 pull your axels and make sure the splines/lobro's are lubed with grease (once a year).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:50 am 

Honda Fl350 color wiring pdf below
also
Honda wiring color codes pdf below.

Attachments:
File comment: Color wiring schematic
wiring schematic.pdf [86.85 KiB]
Downloaded 105 times
File comment: Honda wire color codes
hondawirecolorcodes.pdf [316.56 KiB]
Downloaded 123 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:12 am 

mforbes wrote:
CO you got my vote.

I don't know if I should even post this but I am a Donald supporter.
The reason I say this is because I feel every country has the right to defend their borders.
If someone don't agree, well then why don't we just kick the fkn border gates down and let every commie and third world criminal loser in and we can just give them a welfare check ??
That's what is happening in Canada right now !!
We are working our azz off and the terrorist state is stealing 50% of my pay cheque. When the Donald tried to kick all the Haitians out they ran (60,000) to our border. The police here were actually video taped by the news people carrying their bags for them and our soldiers were building tents for them to temporary live in :shock: . My 25 yr old niece has TWO minimum wage jobs and the terrorist state steals half her cheque. She still lives at home because can't afford to move out. SICK !!
According to USA law he can only run for two terms as President. GOOD because when he is done down there I hope he comes here to run for Prime minister, I am gona vote for him.
The President is a fool -- don't build a wall -- YOU LAY 2 MILES DEEP OF LAND MINES. If they make it then they can stay.

According to the dictionary:
Government: To Rule
Terrorism: To Rule by fear

Therefore according to the dictionary the gov't of Canada is a terrorist organization.
Don't pay your taxes and just see what happens to ya.

I do not live in a free country -- I live in a term dictatorship.
We are only democratic ONE DAY every four or five years on election day.
Then we automatically default to another term dictatorship.
We have no say until the next "election". They can do what ever they please and we have NO say.

Anybody in Canada who serves in the military is a sucker.
Why are you fighting for Indian land ?? Just askem they'll tell ya and so will our government.
In Canada anyone with a gun is considered bad. We have tremendous restrictions here on firearms.
The funny part is that when the terrorist state gets their azz in a jam they hand you a uniform and a MACHINE GUN but when the gun fight is over you can't go deer hunting -- because anyone with a gun can't be trusted --- RIGHT ??

Everyday I pray the Chinamen attack us. Let the women, the fags, the Indians and the "NEW" Canadians hold the fort LOL :-) . Lets see how that is gona work out :-) . I gona sit here an watch :-) .

I am a square head (German). Some may say "well then go home". Good point but take a look at what is going on in Germany. It's worse than here.
I have no problem with immigration as long as they have something to offer (like a trade) and if there are enough "living wage" jobs in the country for the people already here. My dad wasn't even allowed on the boat until "HE" could prove that 1) he had a trade Canada needed 2) a job to go to 3) a sponsor. He provided all three. He was an electrician, he had a letter from a mine for employment, my uncle sponsored. Today people just walk across the border and hold out the hand for a welfare cheque etc.
The Prime Minister of Canada is spitting in the face of my parents and all other immigrants to Canada who came here the honest way.

END OF POLITICAL SPEECH FOR PRESIDENT

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:40 pm 

Welp that didn’t go quite like I hoped.... lol! To each their own.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:27 pm 

mforbes wrote:
Welp that didn’t go quite like I hoped.... lol! To each their own.

LOL :-) .
I know what you were implying LOL, but I just couldn't resist. I had to do it.
If you are gona leave the door open like that I am gona walk through it :-) .
After all I am an immigrant :-) .

Profile E-mail