Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 pm 

I had a run of Quality Drive Systems Tuff 400 Belts made for the pilots the price for belts are $36 dollars plus $12.35 shipping for 1-6 belts. Please add the price of how many belts you want and shipping then send payment to paypal Thank you. "Please put shipping address in paypal notes"

HOSER DOES ENDORSE THESE BELTS (Red Text Edited by hoser..)

That being said after myself and other board members talked with Roy at Quality Drivie Systems and holding the belts in my hand Im pretty confident that theses are the same exact belts everyone has been running. by no means am I a rubber expert or belt expert so only time will tell. please if you have any worries please do not purchase these belts from me.

Also anyone can order these belts from Roy at Quality Drive Systems all you need to do is have a run of 31 made, I am not the only one that can order these.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12826&hilit=tuff+belt" .".." .".." .".." .".." .".." .".." .".." ."..

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 64.44 KiB | Viewed 2684 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.4 KiB | Viewed 2684 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:36 pm 

Make sure you go here and read everything I said and exactly what I said http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12826 don't let anybody imply what was said.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 pm 

I'm in for 1. PM sent

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 pm 

I would definitely like one. PM sent.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 am 

hoser wrote:
Make sure you go here and read everything I said and exactly what I said http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12826 don't let anybody imply what was said.

I'm sorry if I read your post wrong but I felt it read that you didn't trust any belt that Marv didn't have made that's why I made sure to list that you do not endorse these belts. If I'm wrong please let me know and I will change the listing. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:21 am 

I'll take one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:44 am 

I like to use USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes for shipping. Free boxes and tracking number. 1-6 belts will fit in a medium flat rate box for $12.35

So add the cost of how many belts you want and shipping and you can paypal me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 am 

What is your paypal address?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:53 am 

Belts $35 dollars, shipping 1-6 belts $12.35, so add how many belts you want and shipping and send payment to paypal address please put shipping address in paypal notes.

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am 

I just paid ya - I decided to buy 2 - thanks for making the investment and ordering these belts.

Hoser - What do you think about making this link sticky so it stays on top of the for sale section?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:42 pm 

afastcar wrote:
hoser wrote:

I'm sorry if I read your post wrong but I felt it read that you didn't trust any belt that Marv didn't have made that's why I made sure to list that you do not endorse these belts. If I'm wrong please let me know and I will change the listing. Thank you.

Yeah I learned long ago not to endorse anything I have not personally tested especially belts, since I bought my Pilot back in 1995 I think I have tried every belt that was said to fit a Pilot the only two belts I have found that are really good are first the perfected batch of 4x4 tuff belts then the OEM Honda Mitsubishi belt I will no longer waste my time with all the rest.

These belts need tested by the West coast guys at the dunes I have found the dunes are the best place to test them running long and hard up tall hills and I am not talking that ((Bad Word)) riding where people ride 20 min then stop and take breaks or the guys that play follow the leader and only go 1/2 way up the hills the leader is going they take the ((Bad Word)) rider short cut I am talking the guys that fight for all they can to make it to the peak of every hill, their is huge difference in the way people ride that's why I would have to test myself before I endorse something like a belt, I like to ride until I run out of gas or my arms go numb.

If I was going to the dunes anytime soon I would have had you send me a belt already then tested it no use in me trying a belt here on flat ground, hard packed dirt or grass when its 50 degrees out or less lmao If I make it to the dunes this year you can bet I will be testing one.

If these belts are as good as the OEM or the 4x4 tuff belts they are a great deal and will be a great belt.

Some of the things I learned about CVT belts when my kid was making them for a living at the MBL plant their is literally dozens of different compounds that can be used depending on the application if you don't get the compound right belts don't last, technique used to fabricate the belts also plays a big part in building the belts its not a 100% automated process and relies on the guy building them to do everything right, for example once in the summer it was REALLY hot at work one of the guys opened up a garage door because it was about 20 degrees hotter in the building they made 2 batches of belts with the door open the boss made them throw both batches away because they were fabricated outside the set ambient temp range.

Marv got his belts perfected I have intentionally tried to destroy or shred them and never could I can destry a new OEM belt, the only way I was able to damage one was when my input shaft bearings in my Pilot trans went back and the alignment was a mile off, you can see the belt damage in the pics. http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?t=3004

These belts prove to be as good as the belts Marv sold me put me down for 4 of them :-)

Did they offer any kind of warranty on the belts most belts come with a 12 month warranty, when Marv made the first batch and they started to fail all you had to do was send the old belt back he sent a replacement.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:01 pm 

8 belts left everyone just wanted to let you know before their all gone. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:13 pm 

afastcar wrote:
8 belts left everyone just wanted to let you know before their all gone. Thanks guys.

Holy shit they are going fast, Mudbogger hit you up yet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 pm 

hoser wrote:
afastcar wrote:

Holy shit they are going fast, Mudbogger hit you up yet?

I guess everyone likes the price. I talked with Mudbogger about that stock carb (he wants it) and he has a set of rings for that cylinder and piston you have for me, he is going to send them to you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:08 am 

PAYMENT SENT :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:07 pm 

Do you have any belts left?
I'll take 3.
I sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:20 pm 

count me in for 3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:47 pm 

I'll take 2 if you still have some

Once you confirm they're available, I'll get Paypal inbound

Thanks,

Bill

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 pm 

All gone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:58 pm 

bummer i missed out!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 pm 

I'll front the money to have another batch made if there is enough interested people. afastcar will you PM me the details of your last purchase?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:58 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I'll front the money to have another batch made if there is enough interested people. afastcar will you PM me the details of your last purchase?

three for me

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:25 pm 

Ill take two if they are still 35 each

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 pm 

I bought one from you but havnt run it yet, Ill be putting it to the test in a few weeks, if it holds up Ill be in for 2. Have you had a chance to run it yet??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:16 am 

I've been running the belt that I got from Marv for about a year and a half.. So far so good. I run my pilot pretty hard and have put 23 hours on it since I tried his belt. I know sand dunes are the ultimate test and I have NOT done that yet.

I'll take two though if the belt are made again.

Profile E-mail