Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm 

Sadly I have decided that I need to part with some of my toys. I don't have the time for them and I will be moving in a few months and don't want to drag everything with me. The only good side to this is I will get to start all over again.

83 FL 250
Lots of new parts. I spent a lot of time gathering up all the parts to put this back together, Skid Plates, Lights, seat mud gaurds. I stripped the frame, cleand and painted everything I wasn't going to replace in the near future. I rebuilt the headlight harness. It needs front bearings, and I was going to go through the trans and motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) at some point. Pretty much everything is there now except for the stock tank and an aftermaket pipe. it runs strong. The last time I took it out the pull starter cam apart and got into the mag. I got all the peices out and started it again. Since then I installed the goki starter kit but havent rebuilt the pull start yet. The goki starter bendix is sticking on the shaft, should be an easy fix, but they tell me the will fix or replace it and they will send a call tag, I just haven't had the time to get it back off. I have only actually driven this about 3 times since buying it. I am sure I am missing some things. Just ask.

New Parts List:
New Bearing in Park Brake side.
New fenders (3 hours)
New Comet drive clutch (1 hour)
New belts (1 With 1 hour and 2 new)Parts Unlimited.
New Goki Starter installed(0 time)
New AGM Battery
Seat Cover(4 hours)
Rear Tires (4 hours)
I paid over $1000 for these parts alone.

Extra parts included:
Box of stock clutch parts. (4 or 5)
Rear axle with trans park brake and 4 bolt hubs.
2 Bottom Ends, 1 Cylinder
1 Engine Cradle
Misc. bolts and small parts.

Make me an offer, But please be reasonable, I know I am not going to get what I have in it.

Attachments:
t_document12_113[1].jpg
t_document12_113[1].jpg [ 70.74 KiB | Viewed 442 times ]
t_document121_927[1].jpg [60.59 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:33 pm 

82 CR250 R

I also spent a lot of time doing the same things to this until I broke my wrist riding a quad, It's been in the corner of my garage ever since(2 years). I think I had pretty much found all the missing peices and its all there and all stock except for the plastics and pad. The rear wheel needs a few spokes and to be trued. The Plastics were bought from DC plastics. one of the radiator shrouds got snapped off while it's been in the garage but I have another set. I also have the stock ones but they are pretty rough. I'm sure it will need a little carb work since it's been sitting, but I am also pretty sure it will start with 1 or 2 kicks. If I remember there were some repairs to the water pump but it seemed to hold. The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) had a new piston and rings with good compression when I got it, but it does leak some oil with just the few hours I've put on it and should at least get a new gasket set. I should have done it when I stripped the frame but I wanted to get it back together and ride it. It also has a new red O-ring Chain. I rode this once for about 10 minutes when I bought it, It has tons of tourq. Then a radiator hose blew. I took it home. Stripped it down while I was trying to find some parts. Painted the frame, re-finished the rear swing arm, all new decals. found all the missing chain gaurds, guides, and bolts it was missing. Ordered Plastics. put it all back together and took it out again and threw the chain(my bad). So I oredered the new chain, got it on, Rode it around my block a few times and annoyed the neighbers, Then a few weeks later I broke my wrsit riding the quad and here it sits.

Attachments:
t_document1_128[1].jpg [91.78 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:36 pm 

So no one is interested? How about $2000 for both of them? Anyone? Hate to part them out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:28 pm 

I would love to have that vintage CR, but vegas is too far for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 pm 

I guess I will post them up on craigslist. Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:07 pm 

BADDERICK wrote:
I guess I will post them up on craigslist. Thanks

Take them to that pawn shop you see on the history channel "Pawn Stars" if you get on camera plug PilotOdyssey.com lol also make Chumly get in the 250 on camera.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm 

You wouldn't believe what that show has done for that store. My wife worked across the street from that place for years with the planning department. You never saw anyone going in or out of that place. I went in there a couple of times to just kill time when I would pick her up for lunch.

Now it is a tourist attraction. Bouncer out front, Velvet rope and a line lined up around the building. It's crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:35 pm 

you gotta take the odyssey over there and see what happens! the odyssey is rare enough you might make the show.

i love the way they always have a "buddy" to call. i wish i had those kinda buddies.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm 

rmesser wrote:
you gotta take the odyssey over there and see what happens! the odyssey is rare enough you might make the show.

i love the way they always have a "buddy" to call. i wish i had those kinda buddies.

I would be fun, But I don't have the time and they wouldn't give me anything for them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 pm 

I want to see Chumley in the odyssey!
Make it happen! :-)
The Rick guy has stated several times he is into off roading.
I would luv to have both but Las vegas too far from Ky :shock: