Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New summer project
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm 

New to the site. Just picked this up last night. Pulled the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) today and ordered new rear hubs so I can bolt up my extra set of wheels and tires from my quad. Still deciding on what to do with this thing. Payed 2 bills for it and I still don't know what it is, lol. Well this is the site that should be able to help me so here I am.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: My summer project
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm 

Cant see the pics. Says its private.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New summer project
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 pm 

Fixed. It's hard to post from the iPad I have to type the link code. No copy and paste option for photobucket on mobile. < = Fail

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:02 am 

Yep that be a oddy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:13 am 

Its a modified fl250

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:23 am 

What year is it? The kid I got it from knew nothing about it. Is it a challenger chassis?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 am 

The chassis is stock fl250 but the roll cage is challenger. The only way to tell year now since the sticker from the side was removed. Does it have electronic ignition or a points system

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:37 am 

Don't really know anything about them. How could I tell? There is a push start button in the console on floor board but has a pull starter. Nothing is hooked up and motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is semi apart. Was told the stator was bad and he started to take it apart. I found another motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) locally and will pick it up tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:17 am 

l3ooty6rabber wrote:
Don't really know anything about them. How could I tell? There is a push start button in the console on floor board but has a pull starter. Nothing is hooked up and motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((starter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) or a fan motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?)) is semi apart. Was told the stator was bad and he started to take it apart. I found another motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((starter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) or a fan motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?)) locally and will pick it up tomorrow.

Here is a link to download the REPAIR manual. :) This will give you step by step directions for troubleshooting the electrical system. There is a section in there that may help you decode the FL250 VIN also to determine the year, and where it was manufactured.
http://g2buggy.g2-innovations.com/gentech/manuals.htm

SAVE THAT ORIGINAL Engine. It may be modified ;)

Nice find on the challenger race oddy.. I hope to find a challenger cage for my current project one of these days! How many lbs compression does the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) have?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 am 

That might be a tripple E cage with challenger aftermarket J-arms and tie rods. I see a race pipe and a wide axle that I am looking for.

If I hade to guess the frame is pre 80. Unless they cut the bumper mount bracket off by the shocks.

To see if you have points post a pic of the coil. Or look to see if you can find a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) box around your coil. Or how many wires you have coming out of the Engine. Two wires and you have points. Four wires and you have CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition). Sometimes you will find points elliminator conversions on these. If this is the case it a big black box.

Attachments:
May 31 1987.jpg
May 31 1987.jpg [ 63.47 KiB | Viewed 1380 times ]
scan0002.jpg
scan0002.jpg [ 90.71 KiB | Viewed 1380 times ]
scan0005.jpg
scan0005.jpg [ 79.69 KiB | Viewed 1380 times ]
scan0003.jpg
scan0003.jpg [ 80.05 KiB | Viewed 1380 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:12 am 

l3ooty6rabber wrote:
Don't really know anything about them. How could I tell? There is a push start button in the console on floor board but has a pull starter. Nothing is hooked up and motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((starter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) or a fan motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?)) is semi apart. Was told the stator was bad and he started to take it apart. I found another motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((starter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) or a fan motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?)) locally and will pick it up tomorrow.

They make ES for these. Do you see a starter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) on the Engine? They have ES option with pull start backup.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:53 am 

Can you post pics of the Engine compartment showing the Engine trans clutches exhaust system axle

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:01 pm 

I really haven't been able to do anything with it. I am in the process of moving and and will have have all the tools needed to check everything out. As for now I'm not really working on it until I move it to my new place. I'll have the space and tools to work on it. I was wondering if there is a was to put a suspension on the rear and upgrade the front. I am looking to purchase a welder in the future. Just wondering if the fl 350 rear is a possible way to go? At this stage I probably can go any route but would like the easiest and most compatible. I don't want to buy thinks I wont be using. The first thing I'm going to do is strip it down and clean it up. I'll keep it updated as I go along. Thanks for the manual and hope this works out.

What I really want is a 4 stroke in it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:42 pm 

l3ooty6rabber wrote:
I really haven't been able to do anything with it. I am in the process of moving and and will have have all the tools needed to check everything out. As for now I'm not really working on it until I move it to my new place. I'll have the space and tools to work on it. I was wondering if there is a was to put a suspension on the rear and upgrade the front. I am looking to purchase a welder in the future. Just wondering if the fl 350 rear is a possible way to go? At this stage I probably can go any route but would like the easiest and most compatible. I don't want to buy thinks I wont be using. The first thing I'm going to do is strip it down and clean it up. I'll keep it updated as I go along. Thanks for the manual and hope this works out.

What I really want is a 4 stroke in it.

Dibs on the rear axle and challenger J-arms if you do not use them....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:48 pm 

I think the whole frame is challenger.. the EEE has the wide open square top and unique nerf design.. I would love to have either frame on my new oddy :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:52 pm 

Tpreed wrote:
I think the whole frame is challenger.. the EEE has the wide open square top and unique nerf design.. I would love to have either frame on my new oddy :)

I am betting EEE cage.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:05 pm 

bighead wrote:
Tpreed wrote:

I am betting EEE cage.

I did some more google work.. i think you may be right..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 pm 

ok this is the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that came with it.
bad stator
4 wires from motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))
wire harness
looks like a mikuni fuel filter

just picked this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) up for $70
4 wires also

and my baby

so what motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) should i use? the one that came with the chassis has a bad stator as you can see. what is that thing on the side where the belt goes? that is the only difference i can see in the 2 motors and that the new one i picked up today has a bigger intake adapter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:27 pm 

You got a great deal on the new Engine. The clutch is worth that easy and then some.

Both your clutches you have on the Engine are not OEM Odyssey. I think the clutch on the new Engine is the comet duster but not sure. You are going to have to match the belt to the drivin clutch if not already done by last owner. Being it had the non original clutch and a ex racer your rear clutch may already be spaced out for the larger belt.

How wide was the belt that came with the Ody?

The CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) magneto does not have the slotted holes so you can get to and adjust the points.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:38 pm 

bighead wrote:
You have 4 wires coming out of the original Engine with a Points magneto. This may explain the damage but not sure.

You got a great deal on the new Engine. The clutch is worth that easy and then some.

Both your clutches you have on the Engine are not OEM Odyssey. I think the clutch on the new Engine is the comet duster but not sure. You are going to have to match the belt to the drivin clutch if not already done by last owner. Being it had the non original clutch and a ex racer your rear clutch may already be spaced out for the larger belt.

The CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) magneto does not have the slotted holes so you can get to and adjust the points

The belt is over an inch close to inch and a half. Haven't measured it. Just eye balling it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:40 pm 

l3ooty6rabber wrote:
bighead wrote:
You have 4 wires coming out of the original Engine with a Points magneto. This may explain the damage but not sure.

The CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) magneto does not have the slotted holes so you can get to and adjust the points

The belt is over an inch close to inch and a half. Haven't measured it. Just eye balling it.

I edited the above post. I was wrong about the magnetos.

Lay the belt into the driven clutch and take a pic. I would like to see how it sits in the pully.

Is this your clutch 94c Comet Duster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-FL250-ODY ... 0d&vxp=mtr" ."..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Odyssey-F ... bf&vxp=mtr

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 pm 

This is how my belt rides in my yellow car. This is the powerbloc clutch. I am betting your has already been widen. But does not hurt to check.

Attachments:
CIMG0336.JPG
CIMG0336.JPG [ 58.19 KiB | Viewed 1309 times ]
CIMG0333.JPG
CIMG0333.JPG [ 62.85 KiB | Viewed 1309 times ]
CIMG0344.JPG
CIMG0344.JPG [ 64.75 KiB | Viewed 1309 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 pm 

looks like a EEE cage to me too

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:52 pm 

Oh yah. You have a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) coil and CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) box with harness. With any luck it should be a quick drop in and go. Your new Engine is also 4 wire CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition). You have no electric start parts on the engines. At one time perhaps a Goki starter was on it.

If we can ID that clutch on the original Engine I may be interested if you ever sale it. My quess it is a 30mm tapered sled clutch of some sort. Or even a fl350 clutch. Not an 350 guy so hard to say.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:02 pm 

first motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))
on the axle
new motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))
belt

Profile E-mail