Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 am 

Rear brakes on one and front on the other. I have break in 15 min I'm looking to by this morning so I can have them by Wed or Thur. Why what do ya have in mind Hoser?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm 

Well, I struck out calling service Honda. They say they can only get aftermarket and it will be at least 1 week or more before I can get it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 pm 

Have you checked ebay? I have one set of the brake shoes for the front, I could mail them to you if you like, then you could just replace them when you get a chance....they are the ebc brand...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:00 pm 

Just checked egay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-Rear ... ccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-FRON ... ccessories

Dunno if that is a good deal or not......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 pm 

PPP,
Call Corona Motorsports in Corona CA, if you order and they can have them in there shop by Thursday I can pick them up and bring them out.

Check with Rocky Mountain http://rockymountainatv.com ATV, I think they have some pretty quick shipping.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:21 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
Rear brakes on one and front on the other. I have break in 15 min I'm looking to by this morning so I can have them by Wed or Thur. Why what do ya have in mind Hoser?

Rear brakes are usually just pads needing replaced they are easy if you have the pads, hint if you ride aggressive and use the rear brakes a lot buy 2 sets of rear pads you will need them they don't last long, fronts 99% of the time just are not adjusted properly and seldom wear out. http://www.pilotodyssey.com/brakes-front.htm

I switched my driving style and use my fronts to do 99% of my braking, kinda tricky to do since using the front brakes is not as natural and easy to the rears it requires the driver to multi task and use their coordination more than the rears but if your tired of spending 30 bux on rear pads 2-3 times a season like me you learn to use the fronts.

At the dunes and most other places you can just twitch the steering yoke right to left a little and scrub off most your speed using the surface friction of the ground and taking advantage of the benefits of your solid rear axle at the same time taking a bunch of the load off your brakes front or rear.

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/brakes.htm
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/rearbrakes.htm

My hero Speedchaser brake fix link viewtopic.php?t=4011

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 pm 

Rusty and I can lend a hand getting your fronts dialed in if you don't get them adjusted in time. The rears, Like Kuma said, if you cant get a set we can pick some up and do a trade off. My local shop mostly has them in stock and I was going to change the rears on my project pilot, I will see if there are 2 sets and pick an extra one up just in case.

Gettin Closer!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:19 pm 

Thanks for the response guys. I will go home and check them out. They may just need adjusting. If not I will just take the lead and you can follow the sparks lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:21 pm 

Ok Thanks Nick. I will bring some extra cash with me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm 

Lonerider wrote:
Have you checked ebay? I have one set of the brake shoes for the front, I could mail them to you if you like, then you could just replace them when you get a chance....they are the ebc brand...

Hey just wanted to thank you lonerider for trying to help me out. I appreciate it very much. I'm hoping they just need adjusted. LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 am 

Ill check the 5 shops around me as well. for ya.So you need 1 set rear and 1 set front?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 am 

To be honest not sure about the front. I know the rear for sure only because Nick followed me around one night and chased me down thinking something was on fire lol but i guess it won't hurt to have one of each right? lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:37 am 

I just posted up the 250r if anyone of you guys are interested in taking it back to cali let me know I will bring it along. hehe

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:17 pm 

We are planning on taking cones, caution tape, and any other kind of marker you can think of and putting together a nice track somewhere in the sand. Bring anything you can that will help with this! I have always wanted to map off a course in the dunes to run safely at race speeds and actually race another pilot. My thought is to do it somewhat inside camp, have a course with turns and burms will eventually build up, then shoot out of the closed course area to another marker set somewhere, turn and come back into the course.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm 

Man I just remembered the issue with the one paddle tire. Wonder what I could do. Maybe break the bead and try a re-seal?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:32 pm 

Pro-Pilot-Popper wrote:
Man I just remembered the issue with the one paddle tire. Wonder what I could do. Maybe break the bead and try a re-seal?

If you can braek the bead, clean out the tire/wheel, get a tube of RTV, black is the least noticable, smear it in, reseat the bead and wipe off the excess, that should fill any imperfections that you are leaking out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
We are planning on taking cones, caution tape, and any other kind of marker you can think of and putting together a nice track somewhere in the sand. Bring anything you can that will help with this! I have always wanted to map off a course in the dunes to run safely at race speeds and actually race another pilot. My thought is to do it somewhat inside camp, have a course with turns and burms will eventually build up, then shoot out of the closed course area to another marker set somewhere, turn and come back into the course.

With the group that I normally ride with when we do a smoker ride, the leader is in front unchallenged, after that it is a race to hold second or what ever position you can, it's a blast :-)
Years ago there were 2 pilots in our group, it was a fun to watch them go at it. once on a night ride they both crested a dune odd, both went end over end, one went 2 times landed on it's rubber and just kept going, the other went 1 1/2 :shock:
By the way, the one I have now, I bought from the freind that ended upright :-) it already knows the tricks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:07 pm 

Kuma wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

With the group that I normally ride with when we do a smoker ride, the leader is in front unchallenged, after that it is a race to hold second or what ever position you can, it's a blast :-)
Years ago there were 2 pilots in our group, it was a fun to watch them go at it. once on a night ride they both crested a dune odd, both went end over end, one went 2 times landed on it's rubber and just kept going, the other went 1 1/2 :shock:
By the way, the one I have now, I bought from the freind that ended upright :-) it already knows the tricks!

Yeah, I seem to remember that story when Rusty and I met at your place that day. Pretty funny that you saw it roll, then later bought it. I have seen my '90 pilot roll, got it on video, but I didnt roll it. Matter of fact, someone we didnt know also videoed it and put it on youtube. Really funny seeing it from another angle!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 pm 

this thread is worthless without vids hehehe

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 am 

I am sure there will be plenty of videos and pictures to follow. The weather looks ok, mid to high 80's, no rain, slight wind. I was up till midnight the past 2 nights getting the pilot together, seems that reassembly is much more time consuming than disassembly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am 

If it takes 1 hour to disassemble, it seems like it will be 3 to reassemble, as I get older that time just seems to take longer, I know I just had that thing in my hand 2 minutes ago :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:56 pm 

I got the pilot mostly done, just need to finish up some stuff here and there. Need to load both pilots today when I get home from work, do some last minute prep stuff, then head out. Cant wait! This day is taking so long!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:18 pm 

I'm out the door :-) :-)

Profile E-mail